World Cup

Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:21 pm

Crazy ass World Cup This year huh?
0 x

JoaGymshoe
STBB Wins: playlist: https://on.soundcloud.com/kH3Rc

Re: World Cup

Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:37 pm

i'm usually a huge fan of football.. soccer if you will..
but i decided not to support the way they handled things.. so have not watched a minute of it..

what's crazy about it?
0 x

dj_godzilla

Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:02 pm

Japan beat Germany and Spain to win their group.

Australia made the round of 16. Lots of mid level teams in general ie USA, South Korea, Morroco, Senegal, Switzerland and Japan. Usually I'd expect 3 or 4 teams like that to make it but its almost half this year.
0 x

dj_godzilla

Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:03 pm

JoaGymshoe wrote:

but i decided not to support the way they handled things.. so have not watched a minute of it..

what's crazy about it?
Who is your club team? I'm definitely not happy with Fifa and all their shenanigans.
0 x

JoaGymshoe

Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:47 am

dj_godzilla wrote:
JoaGymshoe wrote:

what's crazy about it?
Who is your club team? I'm definitely not happy with Fifa and all their shenanigans.

it's Feijenoord Rotterdam.. had season tickets for two years..

but since 2002(?) i've been rooting for Chelsea.. i've been to a Premier League game in London once.

you?
0 x

dj_godzilla

Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:05 pm

JoaGymshoe wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:47 am
dj_godzilla wrote:
JoaGymshoe wrote:

what's crazy about it?

it's Feijenoord Rotterdam.. had season tickets for two years..

but since 2002(?) i've been rooting for Chelsea.. i've been to a Premier League game in London once.

you?
I follow all the USMNT players in Europe so I watch a lot of Leeds and Chelsea in the Premier League. In La Liga I go for Cadiz just because I lived there for a few years. Bundesliga-- don't really have a team but I kind of like Union Berlin. Serie A-- don't really watch it anymore. My main team though is an MLS team-- Sporting KC, and that's because I'm from the Kansas City area. Ever since all the Covid lockdowns something in my brain clicked with the beautiful sport and I've been a little obsessed.
0 x

JoaGymshoe

Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:51 am

dj_godzilla wrote:
I follow all the USMNT players in Europe so I watch a lot of Leeds and Chelsea in the Premier League. In La Liga I go for Cadiz just because I lived there for a few years. Bundesliga-- don't really have a team but I kind of like Union Berlin. Serie A-- don't really watch it anymore. My main team though is an MLS team-- Sporting KC, and that's because I'm from the Kansas City area. Ever since all the Covid lockdowns something in my brain clicked with the beautiful sport and I've been a little obsessed.
yeah the PL has such a high standard.. it's what i mostly watch.. besides the Champions League..
i stumble across some MLS ocasionally..

i heard 'we' did well against you guys yesterday..
man, i was devastated for years after we lost that world cup final to Spain about 12 years ago..
0 x

dj_godzilla

Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:10 pm

JoaGymshoe wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:51 am
dj_godzilla wrote:
yeah the PL has such a high standard.. it's what i mostly watch.. besides the Champions League..
i stumble across some MLS ocasionally..

i heard 'we' did well against you guys yesterday..
man, i was devastated for years after we lost that world cup final to Spain about 12 years ago..
We held a lot of possession which kind of surprised me but we didn't have any bite in front of goal. USA would get into dangerous position looking to pass and there was never anyone making that final run to actually do anything with the ball. Netherlands didn't get a lot of chances but they made the most out of all of them. More than anything you had people making attacking runs in the box while we didn't.
0 x

JoaGymshoe

Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:20 am

dj_godzilla wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:10 pm
We held a lot of possession which kind of surprised me but we didn't have any bite in front of goal. USA would get into dangerous position looking to pass and there was never anyone making that final run to actually do anything with the ball. Netherlands didn't get a lot of chances but they made the most out of all of them. More than anything you had people making attacking runs in the box while we didn't.
wo.. nice summary..
maybe i'll look at some highlights when the tournament is over
would be crazy if we hapen to win it and i wouldn't see it..hmmm
who do you see making the finale?

oh, as a Chelsea watcher ..and music lover you might think this is funny..

original:

0 x

dj_godzilla

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:50 pm

JoaGymshoe wrote:

wo.. nice summary..

I mean the favorites still look like the best. Portugal sitting Ronaldo made them way more scary. Argentina and Brazil are the other 2 favorites. After USA lost I was really hoping for Spain or Japan since I've spent a lot of time in both of those countries but they both lost in the round of 16. My wife likes to talk shit on Ronaldo and cheer for Messi so I guess I'm going for Argentina at this point.
0 x

JoaGymshoe

Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:30 pm

dj_godzilla wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:50 pm
JoaGymshoe wrote:

wo.. nice summary..

I mean the favorites still look like the best. Portugal sitting Ronaldo made them way more scary. Argentina and Brazil are the other 2 favorites. After USA lost I was really hoping for Spain or Japan since I've spent a lot of time in both of those countries but they both lost in the round of 16. My wife likes to talk shit on Ronaldo and cheer for Messi so I guess I'm going for Argentina at this point.
you're pick is still going strong.. hand of god, smh, lol..
0 x

Return to “Chat”