okjoy

Shopping your Beats to Labels & Artists?

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:46 pm

Whats up STBB,

Trying to do some research on this subject but thought some of the people who post here might have some insight as to how to go about this.

If anyone has any tips about how to contact labels or artists with beats they might like, lemme know.
2 x

per.du
STBB Wins: 18

Re: Shopping your Beats to Labels & Artists?

Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:10 am

+1 on this.

Aside from lucky encounters I kinda feared sending labels stuff if they didn't request ...
1 x

Gappa Mighty

Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:12 pm

I help run a label(Raund Haus) and I can say that my favorite part is hearing demos and getting to listen to music before it is out. I imagine most people that run smaller labels have a similar opinion, as they wouldn't be doing it if they didn't love listening to music. I'd say don't be scared to send demos to labels that you think will fit in terms of style and quality. Don't send some generic email, definitely research the label enough to know that you'd be a good fit and explain that in the email. Much like writing a cover letter for jobs, if that shit is generic, your resume might never get clicked on; in this situation, the demo might not get listened to. Maybe that helps!
3 x

okjoy

Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:56 pm

Gappa Mighty, thanks for the info, that's much appreciated!
0 x

Return to “Producers”